
I got to work on Thursday with a breakfast sandwich and cup of coffee.
Turned on my computer and was getting ready to settle in with a quick run through email, iGoogle, rss feed updates while I enjoyed breakfast.
But what? Windows is updating No. 3 of 18. 18 updates were taking for-ever. So I snuck into the next office and picked up .. wait for it ... The New York Times.

Yes. I read the newspaper and ate my breakfast while I waited for Windows to get its act together.
I had glanced through a paper in September at a hotel in Montreal. And I check out the headlines when I go to Whole Foods every few weeks. But my news reading is all online on the Web or my phone these days.
It was fun. I may have read some stories I wouldn't have stumbled upon online. I'll probably do it again sometime ... when Windows needs to hijack my computer.
Robin, Tempe
It's a daily pleasure I maintain -- for now.
ReplyDeleteAlthough my chosen paper closed in the Spring. I am now reading my 2nd choice.
There is still a charm to it, isn't there?
I miss the solidity of an actual newspaper, but don't imagine I'll subscribe to one again ever. I'll just have to enjoy them when I visit my parents. I do understand why this was a "perfect moment" worthy-moment!
ReplyDeleteThe nice thing about reading the paper is that it doesn't link to a bunch of other stuff that piques your curiosity but you really don't have time for leaving you with just one simple task and more than enough time.
ReplyDeleteI am visiting from Lori's Perfect Moment Monday.
ReplyDeleteI think reading the newspaper can be blissful. I'm so glad you got to read and enjoy it!
It is sadly a dying art and a major part of our country's history. It will be interesting to see what happens to print news in the next 10 years.
ReplyDelete