Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Launch Day!


Big day for my students, not only did one web site go live today with stories they have been working on, but two of them went live!

The first website is a compilation of the stories we produced from our trip to South Africa this summer. Our goal was to tell the stories of the refugees battling to stay alive, and find a place to call home.

We were so fortunate to be able to meet some amazing people, who not only invited us into their homes, but into their lives. We were able to capture their voices and bring them to you.

I hope you will visit this amazing site.

And something else I am so proud of. My students are part of the newly launched ABC News on Campus program.


Five universities across the country were chosen to participate, and we were one of the five schools. It's an opportunity for these students to tell the news they are interested in. I am so proud of how hard my five students worked to help launch this website and I hope you will visit to see some of their amazing stories.

I love it that I get to work with these young men and women who are proud to call themselves journalists, and who teach me something new every day!

Susan, Tempe

1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

You are entitled to be VERY proud. Your students put together an amazing website.

Related Posts with Thumbnails