Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tyler Sharp: Respect, genuine interest and soulful moments in photography

I love photographs. Still photos let you savor a moment. The way a photo stops the action can sometimes say so much more than video ... and certainly more than 1,000 words.

One of my favorite photo sites is Pictory, which its founder Laura Brunow Miner calls a showcase of life through true photo stories.

Tyler Sharp, a photographer from Texas, has been published in Pictory more than any other person. The following is an excerpt from his profile page on Pictory. What he said about soulful moments (the underline is mine) makes me think of Perfect Moments.

What are your favorite things to photograph?
Serendipity. I am a very spiritual person, and I try to let that guide my photography and storytelling as much as possible. I have found that when you approach subjects or locations with a respect and a genuine interest in the culture, serendipitous, soulful moments find you. I crave adventure, and in some cases danger. I am hopelessly addicted to the wilds of Africa, and the uncertainty and raw beauty you find there every day. I prefer natural light, and love to shoot under a Comanche moon. Moon Shadows!


Perhaps there is more to these slices of life we call Perfect Moments than just noticing them. I don't think we create them, but maybe the way we live, the way we interact with others helps create a spirit that allows them to happen.

Tyler is a professional photographer. He gets paid for his work. I am going to sneak in a picture here to show you that it's very worth your while to go check out his work:


Thanks, Tyler. You help me add a little clarity to this thing we call Perfect Moments.

Robin, Tempe

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails