Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chicken soup for the heart. Thanks, Doc!

We've been here before.   My Perfect Moments this week have to do with amazing doctors, scientific/medical advances that mean we live in amazing times and LOVE.

My sweetheart has continued to have some health issues.  She had surgery on Monday and is doing very well, thank you very much.

But I want to share the very best moment of the week .. or even the year so far:   After 3 1/2 hours surgery, I got a call that things were over, all done, come see the doctor.   I sprinted to the cath lab where I'd left her in good hands..

And there was the doctor, with the biggest smile on his face. He was so pleased, so positive, so up beat.  Our conversation was a little like a coach's post-game interview.  All was good and everyone performed like champions.

The next day he was a little more circumspect, but still very upbeat.   We're at home now, eating chicken soup, taking naps and getting even better every day.

In case you missed it a few years ago:    She is my heart. I'd give her my heart.


Robin, Tempe, Arizona 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails