Friday, September 6, 2013

Sept. 11 - 12 years on. I'm still OK


sept. 11 12 years on, originally uploaded by RobinJP.

Wow. This 12th anniversary of the World Trade Center destruction snuck up on me.

I was walking to work this morning, a Friday-morning lift to my gait, and 'wham!' 

There it was. An event coming up on "September 11."
Oh, yeah, that date sounds familiar.   I'd forgotten all about it.

For years, I've dreaded the date as it approaches.  The 10th anniversary was killer: way too much. Way too many stories were revisited.

But this year, it seems, I was forgetting the significance of 9/11 .. or else I just haven't been carrying it so close to the skin as before.

But 'wham!' This sign, this morning, pushed sweat to my palms, snatched at my breath, spun me around to take a closer look.

Yep, Sept. 11 is coming. The employer panel they are advertising has nothing to do with Sept. 11, 2001.  But I don't think I'd have used the shadowy image of an airplane to draw a crowd to an event on that day.

Here's to a peaceful week and a fine Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013.   Each year gets a little better.


Robin, Phoenix

2 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

What a strange juxtaposition of image and words.

Wishing you a day of peace, too, Robin!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Lori.
The fact that there was a plane silhouette on the poster really didn't register for a minute or so. But I think I must have seen it and that's what slammed into my subconscious.
It was on odd sensation. I got a little panicky for a minute. But it passed. And the Perfect Moment in all this is that I haven't been dreading the day.

We'll all have a good week. Peace to you too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails