Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Working from home is healthier


spinach cherry tomatoes and egg healthy breakfast

When I took this job which allows me to work from home frequently (No Oprah reruns!!), I knew it would be convenient, fun, smart, and I'd save a bundle on work clothes and gas.  But I didn't realize it would give me such a good opportunity to be more healthy.

Instead of grabbing a yogurt and throwing some granola in it (my former healthy breakfast routine), today I took advantage of what I had in the fridge and made a great breakfast.

Egg & Tomatoes on a Spinach Nest

2 handfuls of fresh spinach
2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
Saute in harissa-infused olive oil.

When the tomatoes started to soften, I broke an egg on top, turned down the heat and let it cook.  I flipped the whole thing over for an over easy spinach nest and served it up with coffee.

I was the only one in the house feeling this kind of healthy this morning. It really didn't take long, but took much more time than I'd ever give myself if I had to head into an office.

So today, at least, I've proven to myself that working from home can be healthier. And it's a reminder to keep some healthy fresh veggies in the fridge.

Hoorah for work-life balance!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails