Sunday, January 27, 2008

My first flight

My 8th grade field trip was to Sacramento. I was so excited because I had never flown on an airplane and was going to get that first time experience with my best friends.

When we arrived at the airport, it was a blustery day ... looked like it would rain at any time, with clouds filling the sky. I was a little nervous and disappointed that I may not get to see much from the plane. Nonetheless, I grabbed a window seat, buckled up, and made sure my camera was ready.

The take off was fairly uneventful, and we were passing through clouds in no time at all. All I could see was misty haze outside my window and was so disappointed that I had no view.

Then, all of a sudden, we passed up over the clouds. It was the most amazing, perfect moment I can remember.

Suddenly, the gloomy world I came from was left behind as I entered a new world. Above me was perfect, beautiful blue sky and below me were billowy white clouds. I could see nothing else at all, and it was like we were the only ones in this perfect world of our own.

It felt like the closest thing to heaven I can imagine. I did take several pictures, but only to prove the beauty to others, because I've never been able to get that awesome sight out of my head.

Denise, Calif.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails