Monday, June 29, 2009

Her journey's just begun

If souls live on in the hearts of those they touched, then the funeral for Eldina Stencel today was truly premature.
She is living on in style.
Eldina's family gathered to share stories about the woman who will be remembered as a super mom, a wonderfully fun grandmother and a loving wife.

As my friend Judy Kinney says, death brings us home-literally and figuratively.



I'm glad I came home to help say goodbye to Deenie. My sister-in-law's mother, my brother's mother-in-law, she was not super close to me, but there is something primal about needing to say goodbye to someone who was loved very much by people I love very much.



Another friend talks about how funerals, weddings, birthdays are the glue that holds families together. If so, it was a pretty sticky day.

Robin, Tempe, Arizona






1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm pleasantly surprised that you were able to post a perfect moment today because I knew you were busy.

How wonderful that at a time like this, you are so mindful in celebrating Deenie with the people you love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails