Saturday, May 28, 2011

Not for the faint of heart

Arizona Road Racers Club has a funny sense of humor. But I fall for it every summer.

Today was the first in a series of five summer running races. Today's began at 7:30 a.m. and it was nearly 90 degrees when we finished. The rest of the races in the series begin at 6:30 a.m., early to beat the heat, they say. There is no beating the heat.

My Perfect Moment was at the starting line. A first-timer was asking me about the route and the heat and the crowd.

We are both signed up for the full series. We're committed to get up early and run in the sun. To train some and show up.

"You're here. That's all you need to know," I told her. She grinned, took a deep breath and took off running.


Robin, Tempe

1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I am very very impressed with your taking this on -- not to mention getting up so early!

Good wisdom to pass on, regarding just about everything.

Related Posts with Thumbnails